CACHE QANTAS LUGGAGE PROMOTION
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is Cache Australia Pty Ltd, 72-76 Western Avenue Westmeadows VIC 3049 (ABN: 38 003 640 864) (Promoter).
- The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 1 August 2011 and closes at 5.00pm (AEST) on 14 October 2011 (Promotion Period).
- Entry into the promotion is open only to Australian residents who are 18 years of age and over, excluding directors, management, agents, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Eligible Entrants receive one entry into the competition when, during the Promotion Period, they:
- log on to the Qantas Shop at www.qantas.com.au/shop and purchase any item or items from the Qantas luggage range on the site; or
- visit a participating luggage retailer and purchase any item or items from the Qantas luggage range from the retailer, and complete and return the entry form to the retailer at the time of purchase (Eligible Entry). For participating retailers see condition 25 below.
- One entry in the draw for one purchase transaction will be permitted. Multiple entries are permitted for multiple purchase transactions.
All entries in the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter, including:
entrants must retain their receipt or their credit card statement (evidencing their Qantas luggage purchase) for all entries submitted, as proof of purchase. Entrants may be required to, within 7 days of being asked to do so, send their Proof of Purchase to the Promoter in order to validate their entry. A reply paid address will be provided to entrants. Entrants must also retain a photocopy of the proof of purchase submitted for verification purposes.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
- There will be one prize and one Major winner.
- The results of the draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is 2 Return Business Class Tickets to Hong Kong for travel on a Qantas Airways operated flight with a QF flight number. The maximum total prize value AU$15,800 (including GST and ticket taxes) based at the recommended retail value at the time of printing. Booking class is I. Travel date to be completed by 31 March 2012. No stopovers permitted within Australia. Flight to be taken from the winner's nearest international airport within Australia, and the winner and their companion are responsible for making their own way there. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize flights.
- The prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the/each prize-winner [and companion, if applicable]. Prize travel is subject to Qantas' General Conditions of Carriage.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Winners and their companions will not accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
- Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued. If the prize is not utilised and completed by 31 March 2012, it will be forfeited.
- It is the winner and their travel companions personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at each destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- The draw will be computer generated and will take place at 12.00pm (AEST) on 18 October 2011 at the offices of Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 894 022) (MDSA) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay, NSW 2089.
- The winner will be notified by email, their name will be announced on qantas.com, and published in The Australian newspaper on 31 October 2011.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of a winner being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 18 January 2012, and subject to any written direction given under applicable law, the Promoter may instruct MDSA to conduct a redraw at the same place and time as the original draw on 1 February 2012. Any winner will be notified by email, published on qantas.com, and published in The Australian newspaper on 8 February 2012.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The promoter is Cache Australia Pty Ltd, and not Qantas Airways Limited. Entrants understand that they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Qantas Airways Limited. By entering this competition, each entrant releases Qantas Airways Limited from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Qantas Airways Limited.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 18 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter's Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting a prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at available at http://www.cachegroup.com/qantas-promotion-terms.php
- Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/11/06486, ACT TP11/02905,
Victorian Permit No. 11/1472 & SA Licence No. T11/1493.
- Participating retailers:
MAJOR CHAIN STORES
Myer (Participating Stores), Bags To Go (Participating Stores), Racv (Participating Stores), Raa (Participating Stores), Australian Way (Participating Stores), Zelows (Participating Stores), Anaconda, Harris Scarfe.
Bag & Baggage - Brookvalebag & Baggage - Castle Hill
Bag & Baggage - Chatswood
Bag & Baggage - Hornsby
Bag Me Darling Harbour
Bag Me Top Ryde
Bags Bay - Ashfield
Bags Bay - Kotara
Bags Bay - Liverpool
Bags Bay Charlestown
Bags By Vicino
Bags Plus - Pagewood
Bags Plus - Penrith
Bagscene - Campelltown
Bagscene - Erina Fair
Bagscene - Hornsby
Bagscene - Liverpool
Bagscene - Macquarie
Bagscene - Penrith
Bagscene - Rhodes
Carri On Sydney Qantas
Chic - Shop 111
Glamabags - Castle Hill
Green Seed Investments Pty Ltd T/As Luggagegear.Com.Au
J C Handbag Of Young
Jennys Handbags - Campbelltown
Jennys Handbags - Pagewood
Lightweight Traveller Pty Ltd - A2b Paddo
Modo Handbags - Mt Druitt
Nambucca River Department Store
Peters Of Kensington
Qf Shop Pty Ltd T/As Qantas Shop
Rolling Luggage - Sydney
Sydney Luggage Centre
The Luggage House
The Luggage Professionals-Crows Nest
The Premier Store
Travel Bug Luggage
Travelworld - Wauchope
Trend Bags - Batemans Bay
Vicino - Miranda
Trend Bags Woden
Trend Bags Belconnen
Trend Bags City
Trend Bags Tuggeranong
The Shop - Hyatt Hotel - Canberra
Aus Luggage - Highpoint
Aus Luggage (Sen Sen)
Azc International Pty Ltd T/As Bagsbee
Bags On Williamson
Beautiful Bags - Airport West
Beautiful Bags - Box Hill
Clarrie The Cobbler
Explora Bags & Luggage
G Bags - Altona North
G Bags - Broadmeadows
G Bags - Chadstone
G Bags - Dandenong
G Bags - Deer Park
G Bags - Epping
G Bags - Frankston
G Bags - Greensborough
G Bags - Keysborough
Gascoignes Of Gippsland
Lightweight Traveller - North Brighton
M & M Peebles Gift & Variety - Rosebud
Maxibags - Northcote
Orquestra - Malvern
Orquestra - Moonee Ponds
Rolling Luggage - Tullamarine
Supply And Demand
Sweeneys - Melbourne
The Luggage Professionals-Malvern
Wimmera Trophies And Gifts
Kingscote Travel - Cod
Lifestyle Bags & Luggage - Adelaide
Mcavaney Special Projects
Rolling Luggage - Adelaide
Travel On The Parade
All Luggage Solutions
Brisbane Luggage Store
Cavanaghs Bag Shop
Claude Cater Mensland
Discover Cruise & Travel - Ashgrove
Lifestyle Bags & Luggage - Cairns
Luggage Direct P/L
Nambour Bag Shop / Tobacco Station
News Travels Brisbane
Newslink P/L - Cairns
Noosa Bag Shop
Norm Lewis Bag Shop
Step With Style Footwear & Acc
Tobacco Station Beaudesert
Leather & Luggage Repair Centre
Lynn's Leather & Luggage
Bags In The City
Passion 8 Travel & Adventure Equipment